Hello, and welcome to the Start with a Book Blog Tour, a weeklong event exploring and celebrating the resources available to librarians, teachers, and caregivers on the Start with a Book website!
Start with a Book is a project by Reading Rockets, a national project that aims to provide research and best practices to those who engage kids in reading--especially kids who are learning to read and those who struggle with reading. Librarians fit very well into the target audience for these resources, as every day we engage pre-readers and beginning readers with books and stories.
Start with a Book has a lot to offer to librarians, from themed booklists and activities to tips for parents and research support. It's a lot to explore on your own, so a slate of terrific librarians will be sharing the gems of information and inspiration they've found on the Start with a Book website. This week's blog tour will feature posts from the following youth services bloggers:
- Tuesday, May 14 - Marge Loch-Wouters of Tiny Tips for Library Fun
- Wednesday, May 15 - Sarah Bean Thompson of GreenBeanTeenQueen
- Thursday, May 16 - Abby Johnson of Abby the Librarian
- Friday, May 17 - Kendra Jones of Read Sing Play
- Saturday, May 18 - Brooke Rasche of Reading with Red
- Sunday, May 19 - wrapping things up at The Show Me Librarian
Head to the blogs of these amazing librarians throughout the week to see the different ideas and support that the Start with a Book website can offer to you. And please chime in with comments when you discover your great use for Start with a Book!
|One of the giveaway book bundles|
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.