Bridge Constructor App Review
|I've built a stable bridge!|
Platforms: iPad, iPhone (3 or higher), iPod Touch; Android; PC
Content Area: Physics
Age Recommendation: 6+
Premise: Players build bridges to span rivers, valleys, and canals in a fictional landscape. At the beginning of play, only wooden beams are available; the building materials available grow to include cables, concrete, and steel beams as players progress. Players must build each level's bridge on a limited budget, but there are no time limitations to the app. When players are ready to test a bridge design, they can tap icons to test the structure using cars or trucks. An unstable bridge will collapse during the test--the simulated bridge collapses are an enjoyable aspect of the app and do not discourage users.
Potential Library Uses:
- Recommending in reference interviews
- On library-owned devices for customer use
- In programs to introduce the topic of bridge-building
Lite Version Available?: Yes
Looking for more app reviews and recommendations? Try these sources!
- Best Digital Book Reviews from Digital Storytime
- Early Literacy Apps selected by librarians at the Darien Library
- Apps for Kids Ages 5-12 selected by librarians at the Darien Library
- Smart Apps for Kids
- Program uses, great reviews and links to resources via Little eLit
Where do you go to find out about great apps for use in your library? Or do you just try them on your own?