I love to celebrate Poetry Month by sharing a variety of materials with young readers and their families, including:
- anthologies from Jack Prelutsky and Shel Silverstein, two of my childhood favorites guaranteed to elicit giggles
- novels in verse (so many great, contemporary options to share)
- Dr. Seuss and Karma Wilson, two masters of picture book rhymes
- Mother Goose nursery rhymes
- those lovely books in the 811s that sadly don't get checked out that often
- tongue twisters (full of rhymes, assonance, and alliteration!)
How do you help your library customers celebrate Poetry Month? Any spine poems to share?